Applications & Forms

Non-Residents & Resident Aliens

Must apply directly to:

Firearms Records Bureau
200 Arlington Street
Chelsea, MA 02150
Phone: 617-660-4780

  • Massachusetts Non-Resident Application
  • Massachusetts Resident Alien Application

Change of Address

If you move, you must file a Change of Address notification. The original form and a copy of the front of your License to Carry / Firearm Identification Card must be sent to the Firearms Records Bureau within 30 days of your move, via certified mail.

You must also send a copy of the Change of Address form with a copy of the front of your License to Carry (LTC) / Firearm Identification Card (FID) to the Lawrence Police Department, and the police department where you have moved to, both by certified mail. (Failure to change your address within 30 days can be grounds for suspension or revocation.)

Renewing & New Firearms Licenses / FID

All LTCs and FIDs should be renewed at least two months before they expire but not more than five months before. (The Firearms Records Bureau may or may not, mail you a timely renewal notice!)

Download and complete the New / Renewal of a Firearms Identification Card or License to Carry Firearms before your appointment.


Renewals require your LTC / FID, drivers license and $100 money order only.

Transferring Firearms

Transferring firearms requires filling out the online eFA-10 form.

As of March 15, 2015 the paper FA-10 form are no longer accepted for firearms transfers.


Once the online form is completed, print three(3) copies. One copy for the seller, one for the buyer and one to mail to the Firearms Records Bureau.